Sunday, 23 January 2011

IMM - 23-01-10 {2}

In My Mailbox (hosted by The Story Siren)

So, this Friday was my Birthday! 23 and feeling creaky! I mainly recieved money but my lovely boyfriend took me to purchase a few gifts of my own choice. And these are two that I picked!

Cassandra Clare - City of Bones: I've wanted this book ever since a conversation I had with a girl who came into the shop for the latest book. She spoke about it so enthusiastically that I could have sat a read it there. I haven't actually started this yet (even though it's our 'currently reading' book) but I have planned to start today...

Sixteen-year-old Clary Fray is an ordinary teenager, who likes hanging out in Brooklyn with her friends. But everything changes the night she witnesses a murder, committed by a group of teens armed with medieval weaponry. The murderous group are Shadowhunters, secret warriors dedicated to driving demons out of this dimension and back into their own. Drawn inexorably into a terrifying world, Clary slowly begins to learn the truth about her family - and the battle for the fate of the world.

Jessica Verday - The Haunted: I recived an ARC of The Hollow from S&S and absolutely fell in love with it. I love legends and mythology and I also love the Gothic, so anyone who works around the Legend of Sleepy Hollow definately has a place with me.

After a summer spent reclaiming her sanity and trying to forget the boy she fell in love with by the bridge where her best friend drowned - the boy who must not exist, cannot exist, because she knows that he is dead - Abbey returns to Sleepy Hollow, determined to leave the ghosts of her past behind. She throws herself into schoolwork, perfume-making and her friendship with Ben, her cute and funny lab partner, who just might be able to help her get over Caspian once and for all. But Abbey is never going to truly be able to move on from Caspian, and Caspian has no choice but to return to her side: for Caspian is a Shade and Abbey is his destiny. The two are tied not only to each other, but also to the town of Sleepy Hollow, and the famous legend that binds their fates - a legend whose true ending and dark truths they are only just beginning to guess...

3 comments:

  1. I loved the City of Bones! The whole trilogy is actually great, and they get better with each one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Haul! Thank you for sharing, I look forward to your reviews!

    New Follower!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! Off to check out your post :)

    ReplyDelete